Going Forward

OK.  Well, this is new.

And we're not sure exactly how it will go.  The faculty is going to take next week to develop a plan, and then classes will resume after spring break...just not on campus.

First of all, you should all buy corncob pipes.  The worst thing about actually being in a classroom is that you can't smoke a pipe.  Well, classrooms are in the pre-apocalyptic past.  Get a pipe.

My hunch is that we won't try to have a "video" class on the same schedule as our old class.  Too many technical issues.  There may be some opportunities for audio meet-ups, perhaps in small groups at different times, to discuss stuff.  Maybe I'll sometimes record and post short "lectures" on various topics along the way. 

I'll do office hours via phone or Skype. 

But mostly, I'm guessing, we'll use a threaded text discussion here, or some other e-place.  And assignments can be emailed to me, or uploaded to a common folder.

It's going to be fine.  It's not going to be a breeze, and you will still need to earn your grade.  But it is going to be fine.

I'll update you here, or by email, when things are a little clearer.  In the meantime, get some of that rest stuff we always seem to want.  And stop stripping the shelves at Kroger.  And if you're getting rid of cinder blocks, let me know.  I need some.

If you need to call, or leave a voicemail, this is my cell:  501-205-4746.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog